There are several activities of a non-scholastic nature for all pupils from Grades I to X so that they can participate and display their talent. Some of the activities are –
- Yoga: For Mental & Physical Discipline
- Music: To develop their musical talent and as a stress buster. This is done through Furtado’s School of Music
- Speech and Drama: To develop the right style of speaking and reciting. These classes are being conducted by Professionals from “All for Kids” run by Ms. Mona Anil.
- Music & Movement: For Physical agility and grace. This is conducted by teachers from The Brian’s Academy of Performing Arts.
- Martial Art: Professionals from the Hardik Unadkat’s Institute of Martial Arts’ conduct the Taekwondo classes at school. We believe that every child is entitled to physical safety and training in martial arts will equip our children to protect themselves.
- Robotics/Coding/AI – We offer Robotics, Coding and AI as an integral part of the school curriculum to all students from Grade 1 to 8. This has been made possible by our tie-up with OLL – Skills for All.
- Spell Bee, Quizzing, Art, Craft and Games (Basketball, Throw-ball, Football, Box-Cricket etc.) are some of the other activities that our students are trained in.
Library reading is an integral part of the school program. Every child is issued a book on a weekly basis and asked to write a report on the book read.
All solo activities are celebrated in the nature of festivals and no prizes are awarded Instead, all participants are given a certificate of appreciation.
Only group events are competitive eg: debates, quiz, choral singing etc. The idea is to develop cooperation and team spirit
In addition, the students have field trips to places of educational interest such as- Museums, Zoos, Planetarium, Science Center, Butterfly parks, Bird Sanctuary, Mani Bhavan and so on They participate in Inter School events and sporting tournaments. This helps in giving them exposure and instilling confidence.
For the last few years we have been hosting The CISCE Regional and Zonal Kho-Kho Sports and Games competition.
The International Connection
We are part of The Junior Global Scholars a distance linked educational programs which connects pupils from all countries in the world in the age group 9 to 13.
Pupils interact with each other on specific topics from all angles and in the process understand that despite their geographical distances they are really the same. Their aspirations, expectations, and challenges are very much the same.
This is an initiative of The BLOOMBERG Philanthropies, New York.
We also collaborate with the AFS – Intercultural Programmes to develop active global citizens in our students.